My Thoughts on "Love's Enduring Promise" By Janette Oke






32616149. sy475


In the second book of the Love Comes Softly Series, Marty and Clark Davis’s family is growing. They experience heartache and joy, funny moments, and funerals. Through it all the take courage in Christ’s love for them as they brave the perils of prairie life.

What I liked:
1) I really love Mrs. Oke for her clean writing style. There are absolutely no parts that made me feel uncomfy:)
2) I also really enjoy the Christian values. 
3) I liked the aspect of adoption 

What I didn’t like:
1) The story fell slightly flat for me. In all honesty, it wasn’t really one continuous story in my opinion, it felt a bit detached. 
2) It jumped around through the years without transition.
I think there were several chapters where it would be like one or two years later from the previous chapter.
3) I didn’t particularly love the writing. (Then again I’m reading Charlotte Brontë right now😂)
4) There were a lot of people to keep up with.
I feel like Clark and Marty could’ve had a little less children. (All due respect) I’m the kind of gal who has to imagine what characters look like in my brain It’s hard to come up with a picture of every stinkin’ one of their kids.

So, that’s that. I’m sad that this was the first Oke book that I didn’t really love. Maybe, I will like book 3 better

Comments

Popular Posts